Re: Graffiti on Stations.

Chris French <cfrench@starwon.com.au> writes: >
> Yes, I know what you mean. The Claremont Cabin Volunteers watched the
> graffiti being removed from all over the Claremont Station on Friday 5th
> March, only to see all the stupid tags back again the very next morning
><snip>
> I think it's a disease. The so-called 'artists' will say that they are
> 'bored' and that 'there is nothing to do', etc.

At a local shopping centre a couple of weeks ago, I watched a whole
gang of youths spray painting a blank wall, under the beaming gaze of
some government funded do-gooders.They seem to think that
encouraging the little bludgers "artistic talent"will control their
anti social tendencies.

By the smug expressions on their faces, it is more likely they
would be back attacking the trains that same night, probably with
a free supply of spray cans! They thought it a huge joke that they
could spray their "tags" in broad daylight with official sanction.

As far as I can see, the only solution to the vandalism problem is
to make the culprits clean up their own mess.

Cheers

PH