Re: Graffiti on Stations.

Yes, I know what you mean. The Claremont Cabin Volunteers watched the
graffiti being removed from all over the Claremont Station on Friday 5th
March, only to see all the stupid tags back again the very next morning
when we opened th cabin for the public. Worst of all, when we cleaned
the cabin windows, we discovered that one of the windows nearest the
footbridge had a tag scratched into the glass - over a nine metre fall!
Obviously, the tagger had no fear of heights.

I think it's a disease. The so-called 'artists' will say that they are
'bored' and that 'there is nothing to do', etc., but we all know there
is more than enough to keep them occupied in just the railway
preservation area alone. That is, if we can ever 'win back' the youth of
today from their self-imposed adoption of American street culture.

At Claremont on a weekend, we have literally swarms of skate-boarders in
'typical' US street-gang outfits rumbling up and down the platforms and
across the footbridge. At times, I wonder if there will ever be another
generation of railway enthusiasts.

Regards,
Chris. French.

dirtcircuitvideos wrote:

> I am fighting a loosing battle at The Peterborough
> Station no sooner do I clean The disgusting mess
> off ,then a new artistic design greets me the next
> morning , Police say they are unable to do any thing
> until some one complains, evidently I am No One
> in there eyes.
> I always thought there was a law requiring spray
> cans be kept under  lock and Key where they could
>  not be stolen.
>
> Could some one inform me of this matter.
> Yours in The Steam
> Robin
> Peterborough.
> --
> Dirtcircuit Videos
>  Email:  dirtcircuitvideos@bigpond.com
> Webpage:  http://www.users.bigpond.com/dirtcircuitvideos.htm
begin:          vcard
fn:             Chris French
n:              French;Chris
org:            Signalling Interest Group of Western Australia
adr:            P.O. Box 250;;;ARMADALE;Western Australia;6992;Australia
email;internet: cfrench@starwon.com.au
title:          Co-ordinator
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE