qld cattle wagons at peterborough ?

This is a mystery to me.  I've done a fair bit of study of the Quorn
line- the isolated 3'6" line at Peterborough- and have never seen a
picture of a Quorn line train with QR cattle wagons in the 70s. (The CR
used QR style cattle vans on its 3'6" lines, but years before, and they
weren't actual QR vans anyway.)

But were these cattle wagons of the distinctive QR style, or the SA C
class type ?  What colour were they ?

If they were SA style wagons, I have a tentative suggestion.  When the
standard gauge was put through to Port Pirie from Broken Hill, some
rolling stock was allocated to work the soon-to-be-isolated Quorn and
Wilmington lines.  Many of the X and Y open wagons received a stencilled
red "Q" or "W" to indicate that they were allocated to Quorn or
Wilmington lines and were therefore to remain on that line when
standardisation went through. It may be that the cattle wagons you saw
were stencilled "Not to leave Quorn", as both Quorn and Wilmington were
worked for cattle traffic in the 70s.

Some of the more expert Peterborough Division historians at Steamtown or
Port Dock may have some better ideas on this.

Cheers

Ben