Re: A question..........

John Kozak wrote in message
<7bt0pl$pb2$1@reader1.reader.news.ozemail.net>...
>In the late 70's I did many trips on the Indian Pacific, one of the stops
>was at Peterborough,
>there I noticed some cattle wagons on a siding, these were on a 3' 6" line.
>Each wagon was signed "NOT TO LEAVE QLD."
>I know there were places where 3 different gauges operated but this is a
>mystery, was there a connecting line between S.A. and QLD. ?
>
>Cheers.
 My mate Pete once showed me pictures he took in the old SAR days of a small
T? steam engine hauling a train of narrow gauge bogie vehicles fully on to
another train, he said, for transfer to another isolated NG line.
The larger gauge train [5'3"?] had a NG track fixed to the flats and the
train was shown still in steam heading down the track hauled by another
Steam engine ! This is probably not the answer to your question, but shows
you dont need track "connected" to quickly move vehicles around the place.
Rod