Re: Trivia - Double Slip points

"MattyQ" <matticue@corplink.com.au> wrote:

>Someone once told me there used to be a set of triple gauge, double slip
>points at Peterborough, SA, Can someone confirm this please.

No, definitely not.  Triple gauge turnouts were dubious
enough, without bothering with double slips.

ANR/AN put an end to this madness, just like the SAR
would have had to eventually do, if they had survived.
You only need double slips if real estate is scarce,
this was not a problem in South Australia's Mid North.

Triple gauge, jeez ....could only happen in Australia.

----Terry Burton
Alice Springs NT