Re: Melbourne's poor Met service

In article <7bn8ar$k41$2@news.mel.aone.net.au>, David Proctor
<daproc@spam_this.umpires.com> writes
>Ian Jelf wrote in message ...
>
>>Oh do they do that there as well?
>
>*shrug* I think it is part of our colonial heritage

>>I *knew* that Australians were still basically British at heart!   ;-)
>
>Hmmmmm - you are just saying that because you want to be able to say that
>you won the Ashes!
Touche!

No, what prompted me to say this was that drivers on the otherwise
excellent "Park and Ride" service in Oxford always seem to watch me lock
the car and walk 100m across the car park before smiling , closing the
doors and pulling out!

>(Puts away UK passport and digs out Australian passport).
This explains a great deal!   ;-)

(Oh and thanks everyone at aus.rail for not flaming me about the above
joke;  I fully expected it as I'd originally intended to send it as a
private e-mail!)
--
Ian Jelf        http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk
Birmingham, UK