Re: Brisbane Light Rail

jdennis@acslink.net.au wrote in message <7blbau$n8p$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>In article <gSmD2.24856$Hn5.1845@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>,

>> >Seemed like a fair question to me.
>>
>> Right, so this guy talks all this crap about how good bike paths are and
how
>> the road system is very adequate and he doesn't even know where the bike
>> path is going and who its going to stuff up.......common sense would tell
me
>> too find out the facts before I opened my big mouth.......but I guess its
>> good to open your mouth first and ask questions later.....
>
>I have an interest in bike paths, simply because I enjoy them with my
>children, as recreation.  Since I do not live in Brisbane, I have
absolutely
>no idea of where the bike path you are referring to is planned to go, but
>would be interested in the difficulties, decision making process, etc,
behind
>it.
>
>These newsgroups are read all over Australia, can be read internationally.
If
>you don't give those of us who are not local to your little town the
>information, how else can we find out?
>
>Is still seems like a fair question.  I still do not know where the
proposed
>bike path is going.

No offence to you Mr Dennis, but the bloke who keeps opening his big trap
goes to uni in Brisbane and has no idea.......

To answer your question the proposed  bike path is going from a suburb
called St Lucia and tying in with the existing path (follows the Brisbane
river).  The council is commandeering residential land (which is why I am so
angry) along the river front which is exclusive and expensive and spending
millions of dollars of our money on something that a minority will enjoy.

I dont know if you have been to Brisbane but the road system during peak
hour is rubbish........the council wastes so much money on crap ie: million
dollar renovation to the city mall, bike paths, etc when the basics are
completely neglected.  Their idea of a good freeway is 4 lanes and 80-90
km/h.  The latest thing they have brought in is 50 km/h speed limits in
residential streets. (maybe its to get people to use the bike path to get
where their going quicker).

Anyway hope this enlightens you..