Re: ANOTHER CITYARIL COCKUP

Ron BEST wrote in message ...
>Anyone know what the is so "essential" about the trackwork that is going to
>close the whole North Shore line next weekend, just when the big Rugby
>Leauge match is on at Homebush? What a missed opportunity to get some new
>off-peak customers! ("Alternative" transport from Chatswood is a bus to
>Pymble, then an ORTA bus from there!)

It is not a SIllyRail cockup (and I am more than willing to slam SillyRail
when they deserve it - but in this case they do not) - now that we have this
new, efficient, streamlined setup in NSW, it is the Rail Access Corporations
job to decide when trackwork will be done.

They could (and believe me, they could, if they wanted to) decide to close
the Olympic Park line over the Easter long weekend (although there might be
a ministerial dummy-spit over that if they were to decide to do so!)

DaveP