Re: IT'S ACADEMIC - EASY ONE! -AND ANOTHER NOT-SO-EASY

David Proctor wrote in message <7bg60f$c4b$1@news.mel.aone.net.au>...
>Jeff Melvaine wrote in message <36db95b1.0@news.rivernet.com.au>...
>
>>Didn't they swap the M and S codes around when the Granville to Westmead
>>section was quadrupled?  I thought I read about that somewhere (RD?).

No, they didn't. That's why the Down Main suddenly becomes the Down Suburban
as you approach Parramatta (and so on for the other 3 lines.) Guess it saved
a few weeks of signal technicians' time changing the signal designations,
not to mention several years to do the paperwork.

Could start another thread here on the subject of tracks that HAVE been
renamed - excluding Sydney Central to Homebush in the changes to four and
then six tracks. Any others?
Rgds
Ron BEST