Re: Victorian Standardisation

Ron Bennell (ron.bennell@qr.com.au) wrote:

> Richard Flinders <srv@railpage.org.au> wrote in article
> <7bdlih$guh$1@news.mel.aone.net.au>...
> >
> > >With all this money going on wheels, why isn't any thought being given
> > >converting some Victorian Railway Heritage stock to standard gauge?  The
> > >writing is on the wall.

> What was the fate of that bunch of converted wooden bodied passenger stock
> that used to loiter at the rear of the Dynon car shed 20yrs ago?

I assume you mean the seven VFWs (ex large AW) and the single VBW (ex
small round roof AW). The VBW is rotting away at Dorrigo. 7VFW is in
Canberra. Four VFWs were put back on bg and renumbered as railmotor
trailers, I think 31-34MT. They stayed blue. I think the remaining two
VFWs were repainted red and reclassed as BW.

Steamrail has one set of standard gauge W car bogies.

Cheers
David