Re: Dumb Tram Kweschun

David McLoughlin wrote in message

**SNIP**

>In any case the Hump is the only other example that fits the question.
>Once the Sydney system closed, there were no tramlines crossing
>tramlines until the St Kilda line was converted to trams, and the test
>track under the Hump was the only other contemporanous example of a
>track crossing another.

I recently went down to Melbourne (I'm from Sydney) and stayed in St. Kilda.
I think what they did when they converted the St. Kilda line to trams was a
very good idea. You've got the speed of a dedicated right-of-way but you're
not restricted to the reight-of-way when you reach the end.

Ben Staples