Re: GSR Intermediate stops

>>Too bad if you book after the train has left FSS.
>
>How long has the Overland (or The Ghan) been running from Flinders St?

It hasn't! Perhaps we can use the TALGO technology mentioned at great length
recently to change the train from standard gauge to broad gauge so it can go
round the viaduct to what the Hillside site describes as 'the world's fourth
longest platform'. Then again, it might just be quicker to catch a suburban
train round...

Having said that, if it ever happened that the Clifton Hill viaduct track
was dual gauged, it would be quite awesome to see The Ghan pull out from
Platform 1 at Flinders Street. Don't know what you would do with the Clifton
Hill group trains in the meantime, I suppose Platform 14 (the so called
'emergency' platform) would have to be used. unless The Ghan is too long.

Have the DOI/PTC officially given up on sending all country trains round to
Flinders Street yet?