Re: West Coast Rail looking for new locos?

G'day,

Michael Walker wrote:

> If this is true, I guess that now the operation has 'started up', there
> might be a bit more capital available for loco replacement although the Bs
> and Ss would appear to have served them well. Although thinking about it,
> there seems to have been a fair bit spent on refurbishment between going
> over all the carriages and a certain R class.

S311 returned to service Tuesday 29/6, when attached to 8220 at Geelong.  It
has a new paint job (note it doesn't have "West Coast Railway" on the side
(yet?), and it's numberplates are now black/white instead of black/yellow).
It is on overhauled bogies (new wheels, overhauled traction motors etc etc).

Regards,
CH.
--
Craig Haber