Re: West Coast Rail looking for new locos?

>I know where they might be able to pick up four A class locos
>relatively soon ;-).

I've heard that they were looking at totally brand new locos. Price
allegedly quoted around $2m each. The Bs and Ss are apparently a little
troublesome in their grand old age.

If this is true, I guess that now the operation has 'started up', there
might be a bit more capital available for loco replacement although the Bs
and Ss would appear to have served them well. Although thinking about it,
there seems to have been a fair bit spent on refurbishment between going
over all the carriages and a certain R class.