Re: Road and Rail Funding (was Re: Bugger all express services on Hillside Trains)

Although one has to laugh when residents Brisbane suburbs of Forrest
Lake & Pallara stopped contruction of siding from Syd-Bris std gauge
line to new warehouses next to Ipswich Tollway at Pallara that was to
generally run alongside the Tollway (might I had the idea of a passenger
service was mooted !)

Now they scream because BCC wants to build new /widen existing roads in
area to service the trucks servicing the warehouses !!!!!

One day the transport planners (oxymoron !) will actually go back to
square one and work out where people travel from and travel to , and
adjust planning to suit -->
Perhaps some pressure can be bought on the Official Commonwealth
Busybody (oops Statistician) to put some useful questions into the 2001
census (not the usual ratio of 1/55 transport questions ie how did you
get to work today ! and 15/55 on where were you/mother/father/dog born),
dare I suggest even entering a postcode of where travelled to would
probably surprise both the road builders and the timetablers/bus route
creators.

Kim