Re: Suggestions for a better Melbourne

Have snipped most of the intersting idea, and come up with some ideas of my own,

FRISCÉ Theatre Co. (Bryan Cullis) wrote:

NORTH-EASTERN LINES:

*  Reopening and electrification of Epping line to South Morang, with
stations at Mill Park (between Pindari Av. and Civic Dr.) and South Morang
(intersection of McDonalds, Gorge and Plenty Rds.).  This would follow the
original Whittlesea reservation to just past the Yan Yean pipe track, then
veer right towards South Morang proper.

Extend the line as original, and bring up the trams  up Plenty Road to create a  interchange - then advertise it - catch the tram bundoora to South Moreng, then express to the city....

History has shown population have grown away from the railway lines. If the new lines were built, as above and back to Healsville --  Developers would build land and shoping areas with stations etc.

I wonder if the privitised VLP , or other companies would see profit with land development and rail.

David Head