Re: Edmonson Ticket type

Craig Potter wrote:

> Can anyone give a list of where the state ticket printing machines went now
> that state railways are just about things of the past?  Here is what I know:
>
> VIC: All machines ex Nth Melb printing works went to PBR/MillDean press
> except for one which went to the law printer.  What happened to it now
> OneLink runs the tickets?

It may have still been around as recently as 1995.

>  The multiprinter that used to be at Flinders
> Street B office went to Spotswood reclamation depot in the mid 80's and was
> broken up.

I'm pretty sure at least one machine went to Sands & McDougal who still
print Edmondson tickets for V/Line. It may have since been retired. In
recent years they have appeared with dot matrix numbers, so the Waterlow
machine may have broken down.

Take a look at http://www.wcr.com.au/ticket4.jpg for two examples of recent
Sands & McDougal tickets, and an older style (left) from a Waterlow
machine.
Note the lower quality pasteboard used these days.

> Qld:?? I think MillDean got one but I am not sure

Yes, Keith one which QR bought in about 1910.

> TAS: Puffing Billy

As mentioned earlier, TGR also had the ex-EBR machine which is now owned
by MillDean.

Cheers
David