Re: VLP sold

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999 15:12:29 +1000, sthyer@anatomy.unimelb.edu.au
(Stuart Thyer) wrote:

>In article <sthyer-2506991236450001@anatpc126.anatomy.unimelb.edu.au>,
>sthyer@anatomy.unimelb.edu.au (Stuart Thyer) wrote:
>
>> Just out, VLP sold to National express
>>
>> Also sold to Nat Exp. is Hillside trains & Swanston trams......
>>
>OOps , mistake.  My source got it wrong, it's Bayside not hillside...

Oh goody.  This should mean that Bayside and VLP might cooperate just
enough to get our V/line departures back on the screens at North
Melbourne.  Response from bayside employee when questioned about their
absence ?  - "This is a metropolitan station, not a country station".
Thanks for nothing.  At present V/Line passengers from the city loop
must rely on PA announcements which can't always be heard over
departing trains.  Hopefully the new owner of both systems can sort
something out.

David A. | Woodend, Victoria, Australia - Remove spamblock to reply