Re: Suggestions for a better Melbourne

FRISCÉ Theatre Co. (Bryan Cullis) wrote in message
<930480585.656871@diddley.primus.com.au>...

>I agree with Yering, however I believe Tarrawarra would profit from the
>winery that currently backs onto the old station, plus all other wineries
in
>the immediate area.

And how much patronage would that generate? Most of the visitors to the
winery would be on organised day tours (on coaches) whilst there would be no
freight traffic from it.

>> I think it would be quite difficult to build a triangle there, because
>> of the space limitations.
>
>I also thought this, but I thought it might be worth suggesting.

Regardless of the space limitations, how many people would use it? Sydney
only has two Y-link services - Harris Park-Merrylands and Auburn-Berala
(peak hours only) and we carry vastly more numbers than Melbourne does. Both
of these Y-links involve Parramatta - a CBD vastly bigger than anywhere else
in Melbourne (apart from Melbourne CBD itself) - the traffic figures made it
worthwhile in Sydney - what sort of traffic would make it worthwhile in
Melbourne?

DaveP