Re: Edmonson Ticket type

Absolutely - the Tasmanian tickets printed in Vic after the Tas printing
machine's motor broke down in the 60's were printed with positive numerals
in the VR style.  For a while they used old TGR ticket stock, which was in
turn the old NSWGR ticket stock pre the 1920's (?) changeover to the
green/yellow colour scheme.  This card however got jammed in the VR machines
and the TGR/ANR passenger trains ended their days using VR card as well.
This now-repaired ticket printing machine & ex NSWGR card stock is now used
to print Puffing Billy tickets, coutesy of the ticket Doyen, Keith Atkinson
and the MillDean press.

I can remember being in the Burnley substation where it was kept for a while
and seeing wrapped balnk ticket stock with nice NSWGR (1917) wrappers !

One day I will get around to putting my ticket collection on the Net.

Craig
01beb898$35435ee0$5d2e11cb@rodsmith">news:01beb898$35435ee0$5d2e11cb@rodsmith...