Re: V/Line Pass/Bayside Trains/Swanston Trams

David Bromage wrote:

> Richard Ogilvie wrote:
> > Although not yet announced, the National Express consortium of National
> > Express, NAB, AdTranz, Clyde, RSA and Thiess have been awarded V/Line Pass,
> > Bayside Trains and Swanston Trams.
>
> Bayside + Theiss + RSA = airport line?
>
> Electrification to Sunbury and Melton? To Stony Point? Beyond Werribee?
> Dare I say it, beyond Pakenham? :)

When I was at uni, I was reading through planning documents (~1993?) recommending
extending the electrification to Melton, Sunbury, Craigieburn, Stony Point, and
possibly South Morang. Also mentioned were improvements to stations between
Dandenong and Pakenham.
Will this finally occur, or will we continue to "dream on"?

John
--
John Cleverdon, B.App.Sc. (Cartography), AMMSIA
**** Seeking Employment in the Cartography/GIS Field, Details at: