Re: ODD DESTINATIONS

And tonight's gripping installment:

The names which I posted on Thurs.24.6 were all entries in a competition
for naming a new station beyond Ashburton (Vic.).  The winner was Alamein.
Montgomery should have been on the list; it was discarded because there was
one in Victoria already.  Churchill existed in Qld, but not Vic. until
years later.

Unusual names: I like 'Chaos' (between Mirandela and Braganca, Portugal);
also 'Fairfield formerly Fairfield Park' (Victoria, Australia).

--
Regards
Roderick Smith

Roderick Smith <rodsmith@werple.net.au> wrote in article