Re: X47

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999 23:14:00 +1000, David Langley <del@ancc.com.au>
wrote, and I selectively quote:

>perhaps not quite as good as
>Blue and Gold but then I am a VR person.

While I won't argue about the colour (but the green is a close
second), I'd like to think that the logo/wings are the 90's evolution
of the VR original.  I think for once the graphics design people got
it right (though a lot of that undoubtedly comes from being briefed
and controlled properly).

> Pity about the shadow at Woodend.

When I arrived at Woodend at 1635, I set up for that shot in complete
sunlight, then watched in dismay as the huge pine tree on the other
side of the highway next to the station steadily and inexorably pushed
its shadow along the track.  I steadily moved closer and closer to the
signals.  The published shot is the last before the shadow, having
just let the camera's motor drive take a series while also taking
video.

Regards

Yuri
--