Re: When's someone going to post some photos of X47?

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Yuri J  Sos/Melbourne AUS wrote:

> X47 entered revenue service with Freight Victoria resplendent in green
> and gold.
>
> Leading her lesser attired classmates X54 and X43, she rolled today's
> 9083 down Deniliquin goods out of Tottenham Yard "right on the
> advertised" at 1420.
>
> Out of Sunshine at 1429, she roared through Diggers Rest at 1458,
> whistling at the photographers lined up at the signals at the up end
> of the station.

Yuri,  One of those photographers was me!  I didn't realise it was you.
I can't believe my luck - Out of a sheer coincidence, my 'group' was going
to chase 9083 anyway - And then X47 turned up on the front!  I don't chase
/ watch diesels very often, but when I do, it's worth it!

> X47 was next sighted at Woodend, purposefully leading her charges
> northbound at 1603.

We caught up with it at Malmesbury Viaduct at 16:20 and at Harcourt in the
last sunlight at 16:50.

Gareth.

 Gareth Lumsden     s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au    glums112@yahoo.com
 Gareth's Railway Web Page        http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~s9763278