Re: Off to Sydney

Thommo wrote in message ...
>I am anticipating a railfan trip to Sydney next week catching the daylight
>XPT from Benalla. What I propose to do is this. Alight the train at
Goulburn
>(that is if it stops there) and catch an intra city endeavour to Bundanoon
>for an overnight stay. "There's a motel right opposite the railway".The
>following day catch an early morning service into the city for a day of
>riding the sparks, (any interesting choices of lines, eg busy freight lines
>or depot visits?). Then catch an evening service to Bundanoon .The
following
>day make a daylight connection home again on the XPT.
>
>Questions
>: Am I making the right connections?

ST4 arrives Goulburn at 1624 - the next departure for Bundanoon is the
Canberra Xplorer at 1847 (arrives Bundanoon 1922) or the CityRail service at
1945 (arrives 2027) weekdays or 2118 (2200 arrival) weekends.

The other thing you could do is catch ST4 to Moss Vale (arrive 1713) and
then catch a CityRail service at 1751 (arrive 1804) weekdays, 1907 (1920)
weekends.

As for travelling to Sydney early in the morning, bear in mind it will be
quite cold there (bloody freezing actually). For timetables, try
http://www.cityrail.nsw.gov.au/

DaveP