Re: Get this

David Proctor wrote in message ...
>Steven Hurst wrote in message <7kmkkb$b71$1@news1.mpx.com.au>...
>>I must first say if you think this is a dumb idea just say so, but if you
>>don't then get it.
>
>ICQ (http://www.miribalis.com) has been doing this for years.
>
>DaveP

Spelling is critical, Dave. The site is http://www.mirabilis.com  or
http://www.icq.com . I say spelling is critical because I once misspelled
the URL and ended up in a porn site. Now I am pretty broad minded but I
happened to be with my partner and her young children at the time. Such is
life.

I have ICQ and Yahoo Messenger. I believe ICQ is by far the better text
messaging system but Yahoo now has a voice chat module which does not
require data streaming for it to work. Worth a look. It has its limitations
but not bad for talking to your mate in the USA etc.

If you decide to install Yahoo, you need to go to the 'connection' section
in 'preferences' and click on 'no proxies'. If you do not do this, voice
chat will not work. Enjoy.

Matt Smith
Brisbane, QLD

I never seem to finish anyth