Get this

I must first say if you think this is a dumb idea just say so, but if you
don't then get it.

If everyone who reads this newsgroup and has an internet connection gets
Yahoo pager, you can all tell when others ore onlne and send instant
messages, making it easier to find out exactly what you want to know.  Just
visit the address below and download (very small) the progam and get a yahoo
id.  Then post it here so we all can put it in and know when you are online.
My ID is "hursteau", if you enter this you will know when I am online.

http://pager.yahoo.com/intl/au/

Some features available are below:

- Instant Messages, Friend Lists.
- News, Stock Quotes, Sports Scores if you want them.

hope you think this is a good program/idea too,
-Steven