Re: NSWGR Timber Trestles

Stumps me!

Maybe all track duplications in NSW redid bridges in steel or masonry. The
engineers (Cowdery, Deane etc) who did the duplication work for the most
part did not like the standard ("Whitton" ballast-top) timber bridges, and
had their own designs. But I can't think of a dual-track Deane timber
bridge, either.

I boggle at the weight of a two-track ballast-top trestle.

But hey... its your railway.