Re: Hitachi vs. Comeng

Michael Kurkowski wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have been wondering for a while now, why the driver/passenger
> communication doors have been taken out of the hitachi trains, and
> driver/passenger communication doors put into the comeng trains.
>
> I do understand that the hitachi's had them removed long before (late
> 70's?) and the comeng's had them fitted in the early 90's. Why didn't they
> refit them into the hitachi's?

Nowadays, for revenue services, we don't use 3-car Hitachi set, but we do use
3-car Comeng set.  Driver/passenger communication doors in Comeng will allow a
driver to change end without getting out his train.  When an Alamain -
Camberwell shuttle waits at Siding A (locates between up and centre lines) at
Camberwell, it is too dangerous for drivers to get out the train and change
end.

Cheers,

I.C.

Iming Chan
Melbourne, Australia                       Email: chani@translib.com.au
Disclaimer:
This message only contains opinion of the author above.   It  does  not
express the views, policies or opinions of organisations represented by
the author.