Railway Adventures TV Series

The following review appearred in today's Canberra Times TV Guide, in
relation to the above series on the Ten network, Saturdays at 7.30 pm:

"South Australia's got so much to offer!" Scott McGregor gasps at the
beginning of this show and creating the certainty that the South Australian
Tourism Commission will get a great big guernsey in the closing credits.  It
does, sharing the credit with all sorts of other tourism bodies.

This is advertorial TV at its most naked, with, tonight, Scott presiding
over an entertainment very thinly disguised as a show about trains and train
travel, but, in fact, a sustained advertisement for various tourist
destinations.  Ten Capital has suspended "Xena: Warrior Princess" to bring
us this railway series and, save for some glimpses tonight of steam trains
(like women in leather lingerie a legitimate enthusiasm for real men)
tonight simply does not fill her exciting shoes.

Our rating: Hurry back, Warrior Princess!
-  Ian Warden

I don't know about you Ian, I would prefer my women not to be in leather
lingerie, sounds like you might also have a fetish for dog collars and
whips!

Regards

David Bennetts
Canberra