Re: ODD DESTINATIONS

On 19 Jun 1999, Michael Kurkowski wrote:

> The voices in my head told me something that David Proctor said, therefore
> i quote:
>
> >Ron BESDANSKY (formerly Ron BEST) wrote in message ...
> >>Subiaco (Perth - tram)
> >>Eaglehawk (Bendigo - tram)
> >>Chelsea - World's End (London - bus/tram?)
> >>Putney - Green Man  (London - bus/tram?)
> >>Football (Melbourne - tram)
> >>Paradise (Adelaide - tram/bus/O-bahn)
> >>Hell (Norway - train)
> >>Circolare sinistre (sp?) (Milano - trolleybus) (means  "anticlockwise
> >>circle")
> >
> >Royal National Park (Sydney - train)
> >Abbatoirs (Sydney - train)
>
> How about, Mont Park (Mental hospital, Melbourne - Train)

Don't want to be picky, but AFAIK Electric trains (with destinations)
never ran to Mont Park - It was a freight only line.  (Please correct me
if I'm wrong)

Other wierd desto's include:
Hanna St Depot (later South Melb Depot) - (melb tram)
Point Ormond - (melb tram)
Explosives Fty - (melb tram)
Ordnance Fty - (melb tram)
Railway Station - (melb tram)
Ammunition Fty - (melb tram)
Pyrotechnic Fty - (melb tram)
Darling - (melb train)
Warb. & H'ville - (melb train)
General Motors - (melb train)
Did trams ever have Far Kew on their desto?

Gareth.

 Gareth Lumsden     s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au    glums112@yahoo.com
 Gareth's Railway Web Page        http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~s9763278