Re: Latest from the NSW rumour mill

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999 17:22:15 +1100, David Bromage
<dbromage@omni.com.au> wrote:
>49% of FreightCorp will be sold and listed on the stock exchange.
>
>I now open the floor to wild and uninformed conjecture and speculation.

If this is true then listing only 49% of FreightCorp might be seen as
a way of getting around opposition from both the Labor Party and the
NSW Trades and Labor Council, both are opposed to privitisation. Their
may not be as much opposition to privatising FreightCorp as there is
to the privatisation of the electricity industry.

Listing FreightCorp on the stock exchange would be better for its
employees than the way ANR and V/Line Freight were sold.