Re: Concession Fares on CityRail

In <Pine.SOL.3.96.990615182230.5239D-100000@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au> Gareth Lumsden <s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au> writes:

>I am Uni student from Melb, wishing to visit Sydney in the near future.
>According to this page:

>http://www.cityrail.nsw.gov.au/tickets_to_ride/specialfares.htm#ConcessionFare

>I can obtain concession tickets whilst I am travelling, by getting either
>a "School Pupil Railways of Aust ID Card" or "Student Railways of Aust ID
>card".

>Does anyone know what these are, and where I can get one from?

They are special passes for full-time students which qualify them to
concession fare travel on all services, except in periods of extreme demand
on services such as school holidays (!), and periods such as Easter and
Christmas.

If you're a full-time uni student, you automatically qualify for one of the
ROA student concession cards. Ask your Uni for info about getting one.

I'm not sure if the cards actually allow you to get concession travel all
the time, or only when you're travelling to/from uni. You'll need to check
this out...

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport