Re: Epping Sighting

In article <fo683.26$Fq6.560898@news0.optus.net.au>,
  "David Proctor" <thadocta@spam.ozemail.spam.com.spam.au> wrote:
> Krel wrote in message <3760ece2.4551181@news.netconnect.com.au>...
>
> >>Not to mention the locos with four-digits - I think there haven't
been
> anyof
> >>them, apart from the L class!
> >>
> >and A2's.
>
> I stand corrected - are the A2's a modified version of the A's?
(Themselves
> a modified B-class?)

Well, I don't see a smiley, so I guess I should answer.  The A2 class
was a 4-6-0 express passenger loco, and was not converted from any B
class.  The diesel A's and B's were numbered in the range 60-85, and
only had four digits if you looked at both number boards at the same
time :-)

JD
--
John Dennis