Re: Broadmeadows Line News

In article <375BAED6.A8E7012B@ancc.com.au>,
  del@ancc.com.au wrote:
> Roderick Smith wrote:
>
> > If the airport railway goes via Essendon, the whole route should be
rebuilt
> > in the style of Hawthorn - Camberwell and South Yarra - Caulfield to
> > eliminate *all* level crossings.
> >
> > The double down pass. on Sunday evenings has been regular for over 2
> > months.
>
> Did this come in with the new TT in May? Does any one know why the LE
was
> cancelled, AFAIK the same crew of the LE used to continue with the
pass to
> Shepparton. And does the cancellation have anything to do with even
further
> reduced manning levels at intermediate stations?
>
> David.

A while back the Drivers Union were trying to force a few issues. One
of the things they used to apply a bit of pressure was saying that they
did not have sufficient tome at Seymour to Cut off the Loco, Split the
Sets and attach the Loco and do a "modified" in the time allowed,
despite having done it for years. So thet solution we came up with was
to cancell the L/E and put it in the Guts of the Train. It already had
two conni's (1 VLP, 1 Hoys) anyway and we checked with Rail Safety (and
the Rules and Regs already allowed it) and all we needed was a Driver
on the Loco, (the one in the Guts) to apply the brakes in an emergency,
so we used the driver off the L/E
--
Wombat wuz 'ere!
What eats roots & leaves?