Re: A Steam Train Passes (was EXCELLENT VIDEO)

Bevan Wall wrote:

> The quality is just as good  as in "A Steam Train Passes". The problem is that there
> is none of the origonal soundtrack
> available. I would be interested in hearing comments on this issue. If a video is
> released primarily for the enthusiast market, would buyers want to listen to a dubbed
> soundtrack, music, some form of narration, etc, or would they be happy to just watch
> the beautifully photographed scenes with no soundtrack.

I don't think most enthusiasts would mind a video with no soundtrack, particularly if
the visuals speak for themselves. Scene by scene written notes could provide sufficient
information for the viewer, rather than going to the expense of providing a commentary.

I would be inclined to include a majority of the outakes rather than edit the footage
heavily. I would assume you are not trying to create "A Steam Train Passes II". After
all, you would be making available a collection of outakes for their historic value as
well as their visual appeal.

Rob