Re: WCR June Newsletter now available

Craig Haber wrote:

> G'day,
>
> June Newsletter is now available at
> http://www.wcr.com.au
>
> Also take a look at Enthusiast Info -> Visit Ballarat to see before and
> after shots of PCO2, which has been in traffic since Monday May 3.  It
> is very popular with us Connies - it rides well, had HEAPS of space, and
> excellent heating in the Guard's compartment.

I am pleased to see that WCR refers to its major revenue source as
passengers and not customers. The people who travel are just that -
passengers.

My dictionary refers to passengers as - people who travel in a vehicle,
TRAIN, aircraft or ship. Customers are people who buy goods or services from
a SHOP.

Thus I am pleased to see that WCR uses the correct term. Pity some other
railway administrations couldn't get it right also.

David Langley.