Re: S317 Ownership

Whilst not directly related to S317,I am amazed that a lot of these engines,ie
of the vintage of the S class and older are still able to be operated and in
the case of WCR reasonably profitably it would seem.
I presume that original spare parts which normally wear out like injectors,
brushes for traction motors , generators,fuel filters,air filters etc can
still be bought from Clyde.
However , how does one maintain locos which use
alco parts like the various44s,45s and 930s still running around.
Are such spare parts imported or locally made,either way its a great effort.
Its also quite amazing that ASR can get their old Alcos maintained by Clyde.
If I could get spare parts for my car in 40 years time Id be mighty impressed.

MD