Re: Melbourne Trams

G'day,

Michael Walker wrote:

> Knox I agree with, South Morang at present I'm not so sure. I think the line
> should have gone to Childs Road Mill Park as originally planned and probably
> further to Centenary Drive, there are a few things there like shops and
> police station and a few other things I think.

I think South Morang by tram is really stretching it a bit - the journey time to
the CBD would be horrendus!  I would like to see the tram extended to Childs Rd,
then turn left and proceed onto the 'Stables' shopping centre, which would then
be the hub for bus services around Mill Park.  Childs Rd already has a very wide
median strip - minimal roadworks would be required.  Sth Morang would
(eventually) be better served by extension of heavy rail from Epping.  I suspect
the day will come when Whittlesea will again see trains (but it might take 20
years or so!)

Cheers,
CH.
--