Re: Reporting Rail-related emergencies

On 1 Jun 1999 04:00:43 GMT, MarkBau wrote, and I selectively quote:

>Would it really be that difficult for the various operators to put a sticker on
>something, (relay cabinet, level crossing sign) at every level crossing with a
>phone number?

Good post, Arthur.

Good idea, Mark.

Every traffic light box in Melbourne has a id number and a 131 number
to call in event of emergencies.

Every truck carrying a HAZCHEM sign, and most other trucks of the
major hauliers have a 1-800 contact phone number on the back of the
trailer.  Ok, it's more difficult on a train load of containers, but
one would have expected ARTC to be more proactive in supplying phone
numbers to protect the track they are responsible for.

--

Regards

Yuri