SRA middle management who needs them???

After several visits to the sector office, I eventually found a managers
office occupied.   Area Manager, Hollis was in and I approached him over
the meeting minutes of when they removed me from normal duties.  He
wasn't going to produce one.  Another office staff was present when
Hollis mentioned the charge of the 'squirrel meeting' he laughed and I
mentioned I was being charged for this.  He contained his laughter in
front of the Area Manager who must of felt stupid about this
charge he wrote up.

Hollis wanted information on the station proficiency document
(flick&tick).   He ducked when I replied and tried to put some
seriousness into the conversation.   For those not in the know - the
station proficiency document is a way of promoting those who refuse to
attend any training course to improve their grade and demoting those who
have passed and qualified.

The next conversation was on the automation of the underground
platforms, putting the station staff out of a job and putting more
pressure on train crews.  Further, reducing the quality of service to
the public and workers.  Issues of injured passenges was not an issue
and that as the Area Manager had a bronze certificate he believed there
was no need for a qualified first aid officer, when I raised the issue
of OTR he put that on the guards.  "three minute syndrome" - this will
support the removal of platform staff, which he gleefully replied.

I'm off to the PTU office on monday morning.  Got any messages for our
'beloved' union leaders.

paul hayes, RTBU R&F, Sydney central

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/