Re: Another RSA worker killed

Derek Woodlands wrote:

<part of oiginal post deleted>

> What was the RSA worker doing on the tracks?  From what I read in the papers, he
> stepped in front of the train.  His fault, not Cityrail.
>
> The only thing that can come out of this is that all rail workers who venture
> onto tracks need to be better educated about looking before moving.

Really? Whose job is it to train and supervise the staff? Are you serious that
Cityrail management can simply shrug their shoulders and say "The silly bugger
shouldn't have stepped out".

I hope this attitude (and that expressed in another post) are not indicative of
safety cultures on Aussie railways. If they are, some reforms are urgently needed.

Bill