New Fare Rises

Train/Govt. bus fares are rising tomorrow and in the fine print of the State
Transit ad in yesterday's Herald, it said that the 3-9 section travelten
will be split into 3-5 section and 6-9 section in January 2000. So are they
going to put one more colour for 6-9 / 3-5 or what? (currently 3-9 is known
as "red" travelten)

Plus the new fare rise is just too much--a peak return from Normanhurst to
City (35km) for full fare costs $7.20. However I don't see train frequencies
increasing or services being improved (eg. additional fast trains?). so when
will CityRail be releasing a new timetable? I read in the station timetables
they'll be valid to "early 2000"