NR Sydney-Perth Trailerail to expand

National Rail is expanding its trailerail to meet customer demand. A further
51 vehicles have been ordered with a Tuesady service being considered. This
comes on top of the 30 or so roadrailers currently being used on the Friday
run from Sydney and the return service from Perth, both using the Main West.

At this rate of growth long distance road transport in areas such as
refrigeration and express freight is under threat of loosing more market
share to rail. The only thing stopping it is the state of our rail system.
Can you imagine the state of the road transport industry if our roads were
not upgraded from what they were 100 ears ago.