Re: Ringwood (new platform)

This weekend (1/8/99) Ringwood platform 1 will be completed, and it will
start being used from Monday 2/8.  New Platforms will be:
Platform 1&2 (Island) All Melbourne Trains
Platform 3 Belgrave/Lilydale train between 6am-8:30am and 5pm-8pm M-F
all other times will be Platform 1&2.

On weekends and night time Belgrave/Lilydale shuttle trains will use
platform 1 and through train will use platform 2.  There are a few expections
(like at 10am Sundays when the service goes from 30 minutes to 20.)

I can't wait till the mid afternoon (around 3pm-5pm) with all trains using the
island platform, and eveyone going over the bridge.  You only have to look at
the access to the new platform 1 to see it just won't work.

Is there anything in the passenger charter about stations, like taking 10
minutes to get on/off the platform.

: > In article <7n212b$53p$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU>,
: >   cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au (Christopher_Martin GORDON) wrote:
: > > The new platform at Ringwood is coming along nicely now.  The track
: > has
: > > been put down and connected to the points (223 & 234) there was a
: > > track machine in there tonight.
: > >
: > > Fo a couple of pictures have a look at my page.
: > > http://cmgord.alphalink.com.au/trains/ringwood/
: >

: Nice pictures from someone who left Ringwood in the early 1970's. I have to
: confess it looked much better when K188 was sitting on the back road
: waiting to run light back to it's depot at Lilydale (some years prior to
: 1970 I would have to confess, 1964 in fact).

: Brian

--
Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord