Re: new rail hub for River Don in Launceston

If I recall correctly, the Tasman Ltd used to pick up mail bags on the fly
like they used to do in Britain.  I travelled on the train a couple of times
in the late 1950s and early 60s. It was a great relaxing journey.

What are they going to do with that very, very, sharp curve that has been
laid in the former Launceston rail yards? It is too sharp for railway use.

Regards
Bob

<allclear@big.sticks.com.au> wrote in message
| In article <37A017DB.1316A51A@melbpc.org.au>, Jennifer Richmond
| <richmond@melbpc.org.au> wrote:
|
| > allclear@big.sticks.com.au wrote:
| >
| > > This follows the return of the Tasman Limited to the Hobart-Launceston
| > > line on the weekend.
| > >
| > > Nice to see private initiatives starting to do what the Federal
| > > Government failed to do in 1978- keep passenger trains moving in
| > > Tasmania.
| >
| > What is the Tasman Limited? Is it a regular service? What is the
Timetable?