Re: GNRS and other matters.

David Langley wrote in message <379B1048.A3BB3A55@ancc.com.au>...
>David Bromage wrote:
>
>> David Langley wrote:
>> >
>> > On Thursday last (22/7 yes I know a little late now) one of the GNRS
>> > locos
>> > 22 I think went to Albury hauling some container flats. Does anyone
know

>> Replacing an 81 on the FreightCorp train?
>
>Well appears not. I've had a private reply indicating that it was a rail
train
>running to Albury and depositing rail near Chiltern. Loco 22 ran with loco
377
>and returned to Melb early this morning, too early for me to hear the
lovely
>567 chant.
>
>Still no reply to what last Thursdays train was.
>
>David Langley..

Hi all,

For everyone's benefit, last Thursday's sighting of GM22 at Albion on
container flats was a GNRS movement for Austrac to Albury.

Saturday's train was a rail train operated by  GM22 and T377, departed
approx 06:00 to Albury, dropping off rail at Chiltern Loop. Apparently
several SG loops are being extended from 1200 metres to 1500 metres in the
northeast.

Same operation is to occur again this Saturday (31/7), departing around
05:00 to 06:00.

This information was obtained from Paul Moore today at 14:50

Peter J. Sweetten
aeropics@tig.com.au