Re: Harris greasing car.

Gareth Lumsden <s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au> writes:

>On Sun, 25 Jul 1999, Gareth Lumsden wrote:

>> On Fri, 23 Jul 1999, Amin "The Hitman" Azoor wrote:
>>
>> > I'm after a couple of pics of a Harris motor. Could someone please tell
>> > me where i can take some good pics of one without having to point my
>> > camera out of a window?
>>
>> Amin,
>>
>> The Greaser is out of action at the moment - and has been for quite some
>> time now.  I can assure you that when it does run again, it is going to be
>> very busy catching up on it's work!

 Hasnt Vline finally fitted carbon strips to their EMU pans like every one
else seems to do ?.
 I would have thought that by now, enough of the fleet would be fitted with
the carbon strips that seperate lubrication of the wires would no longer be
needed.

 Or have the concervatives struck, and metal contact pans repearing on the
EMU fleet. ?

 As far as I know Sydney has never had a 'overhead greaser' and has run
carbon contact pans from the start. Most other systems seem to run carbon
contact pans as well.