Re: Skitube

Jennifer Richmond wrote in message <379DECB4.F9A1ABCB@melbpc.org.au>...
>Just out of interest....
>Does the Skitube run a single line, if so, where are the crossing loops?
>
>How many sets are out at the busiest time?
>
>TIA
>Sam Eades

It's basically a single track operation, there's a crossing loop in the open
air just before entering the tunnel bore, trains can also cross at Perisher.
I think that there would be about 4 sets in use at the busiest time, though
I stand to be corrected on this.  The timetable is noteworthy in that
downhill trains run about half the speed of the uphill ones, this is
required because of the braking system employed, and it takes much more
effort to stop a train running downhill!

regards

David Bennetts