Sydney: Incident at Wynyard

I went through Wynyard on the way home this evening, somewhere around
5.15 - 5.30pm
Station assistants were standing at each of the stairways to the shore
platforms (3 & 4) not
allowing passengers from the concourse up to the platforms. The SA that
I approached was
saying to passengers at one stage that he was unsure of what was
happening, and later said
that there was "an accident" without being any more specific. An SM or
ASM walked over
frantically whilst speaking into a two-radio, and announced that there
had been a signal failure
and would be rectified within five minutes.
I know the signal failure thing is the usual PR line, wondering if
anyone knows what actually
happened?
thanks

Homer